Our Digital Library established during the year 1958 functioning in a separate building named “V.P.PERIASAMY NADAR MEMORIAL LIBRARY” with an area of Ground Floor 2560 Sq.ft and First Floor 1989 Sq.ft. Our Library has a collection of 41,000 Volumes of Books, 20,000 Titles, 40 Volumes of National and International Journals, Encyclopedias, Periodicals, Dictionaries, Departmentwise Educational CDs (450 Nos.) and Reference Books are also available for reference. Each Department is having a Department Library separately.
* Digital Library with Internet free browsing facility.
* E-Resources & Journals
* Fully Automation of Library
* DELNET (Developing Library Network) Member of DELNET which provides borrowing facility thro’ ILL(Inter Library Loan) for getting books, Journal articles, e-books, and CD-ROM dbase.
* N.D.L.(National Digital Library)
* N.P.T.E.L (National Programme Technology Enhanced Learning)
• Free Download e-books and e-journals
• No.of seats available in the reading area 72 Nos.
• Open Access System is followed. Faculty and students to access and browse availability of books/magazines directly.
• All resources are fully computerized with “ROVAN LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE”
• Issue, return and other operations with bar coding facility
• All Departments old questions available at Question Bank.
• Xerox Machine for students and staff purpose.
• Daily Newspaper (English and Tamil)
• CCTV Camera
RULES & REGULATIONS
* The Students must bring their "Library Borrower Card" while entering the Library.
* Books will be issued and returned on all working days
* Reference Books, Journals and Magazines should be stacked separately. This is only for reference purposes and cannot be borrowed.
* Students should not write or draw, underlining, scribbling tearing of pages and any other type of multilation of books and Journals etc. are punishable
* Strict silence should be maintained in the Library & Reading Room.
* Issued and return of books Staff 1 month maximum 5 books issued & students 1 week 1 book issued.
* Library working hours is 8.45 am to 5.30 pm.(no break)
* Library hour is allotted to students of all branches during class hours.
* Loss of books shall be replaced by another same book. In case, the borrower is unable to replace the lost books, 1.5 time original cost of the books.
* Books return date indicated on the date slip. The overdue charges of Rs. 2.00 per day per book will be levied.